Memorial Day is supposed to be about remembering those who fell while serving our great country. Although some people actually do honor the occasion, most people use the day as an excuse to party. Either way, we’ve got you covered.
• The City of Boca Raton is holding a Memorial Day observance at 9 a.m. at the City’s Cemetery (449 SW Fourth Ave.) with local veterans groups, the mayor, Boca Raton Community High School Band, and others. Call 561-393-7807, or visit ci.boca-raton.fl.us/rec/specialevents.holidays.
• “A Day to Remember” will be held at Palm Beach Memorial Park (3691 Seacrest Blvd. in Lantana) with free hot dogs and hamburgers, a wreath presentation, New York Young Patriots, and “the Golden Voice,” Lou Galterio, from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Call 561-369-2933.
• Flamingo Gardens (3750 S. Flamingo Road in Davie) will host a Memorial Day Kidz Fest with animals, pony rides, a bounce house, games, crafts, and more. Admission is $18 for kids 12 and up, $10 for kids ages 4 to 11; members and kids 3 and younger are admitted free. Call 954-473-2955, or visit flamingogardens.org.
• Deck 84 (840 E. Atlantic Ave. in Delray Beach) will hold a waterfront celebration with live entertainment, drink specials, and barbecue. Entertainment begins at 2 p.m. Call 561-665-8484, or visit deck84.com.
• Max’s Grille in Mizner Park (404 Plaza Real, Boca Raton) is holding a special barbecue dinner for $24.95 per person, in addition to an outdoor BBQ shack with $6 burgers, hot dogs, and pulled-pork sandwiches and multiple drink specials. Call 561-368-0080, or visit maxsgrille.com.
Mon., May 27, 2013