24-Hour Play Madness
Making a play is a long and arduous process. Sure, there are fun parts but not nearly as much sleeping around as you'd think. Mostly, it's just exhausting hours and sheer determination that get a play made. The task of crunching that down into a 24-hour period seems, well, impossible. And yet... Overnight Musicals and the Broadway League have decided to drive the actors, screenwriters, directors, and producers they know crazy by giving them only 24 hours to create and perform four short musicals at New York City's Gramercy Theatre. Then they're broadcasting that daunting and hilarious task on more than 450 movie-theater screens in a one-night-only event called "One Night Stand: Creating a Play in a Day."
There'll be some faces, like Cheyenne Jackson and Rachel Dratch, that you'll recognize. This special presentation will be shown on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. at these locations:
• Magnolia Place 16, 9645 Westview Drive in Coral Springs.
• Cinemark Paradise 24 with Xd, 15601 Sheridan St. in Fort Lauderdale.
• Sawgrass Stadium 23 with IMAX, 2600 NW 136th Ave. in Fort Lauderdale.
• Cypress Creek Station 16, 6415 N. Andrews Ave. in Fort Lauderdale.
Regular movie-theater prices apply. Visit fathomevents.com.
Wed., Jan. 30, 7:30 p.m., 2013
9645 Westview Drive
Coral Springs, FL 33076
Get the Things to Do Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly guide to events in South Florida, and never be bored again. With suggestions for every day of the week, our recommendations will keep you busy on any budget.
More Calendar News
- Bonnet House Lecture Series
Tue., Aug. 4, 7:30pm
Wed., Aug. 5, 6:00pm
Wed., Aug. 5, 6:35pm
Wed., Aug. 5, 8:00pm
- An Evening with Paul Anka
- Broward 100 Lecture Series: The Last Train from Key West