Father's Day Events
Chances are you owe your dad quite a bit. Not only is he responsible for half of your DNA but he also probably taught you a thing or two along the way. Time for you to show your appreciation on Father’s Day; we have some suggestions for customizing the day for Dad:
- For the music-loving dad, FAU is hosting a free Old Time Concert in the Park starting at 6 p.m. The Florida All-College Band — made up of students from across the state — will be performing covers of big-band songs. The concert is being held at 6 p.m. at Mizner Park Amphitheatre, 327 Plaza Real in Boca Raton. Call 561-297-3854.
- For the historian father, Bonnet House Museum and Gardens is offering dads the chance to step back in time to Florida in the ’20s and ’30s. The museum is offering free admission for dads with the purchase of one ticket. It’s located at 900 N. Birch Road in Fort Lauderdale. Call 954-563-5393, or visit bonnethouse.org.
- Speed-freak dads get to race free at Xtreme Indoor Karting when you bring the whole family on Father’s Day, with up to two free eight-minute race sessions for dad. It’s located at 5300 Powerline Road in Fort Lauderdale. Call 954-491-6265, or visit xtremeindoorkarting.com.
- For the fisherman dad, Bass Pro Shops is offering a free catch-and-release event with photos on Saturday and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. The store will supply all the gear and free pics. It’s located at 200 Gulf Stream Way in Dania Beach. Call 954-929-7710, or visit basspro.com.
Sun., June 16, 6 p.m., 2013
Get the Things to Do Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly guide to events in South Florida, and never be bored again. With suggestions for every day of the week, our recommendations will keep you busy on any budget.
More Calendar News
- Bonnet House Lecture Series
Tue., Aug. 4, 7:30pm
Wed., Aug. 5, 6:00pm
Wed., Aug. 5, 6:35pm
Wed., Aug. 5, 8:00pm
- An Evening with Paul Anka
- Broward 100 Lecture Series: The Last Train from Key West