Who's Your Daddy?
He may have scared your boyfriends or forced you to dig a ditch in the backyard when you were an asshole teenager, but Dad has been there for you when you need him (hopefully). Sunday is Father's Day; it's time to show the guy some appreciation for all your BS over the years.
• Steak 954: Treat Dad to brunch or dinner with a complimentary hand-rolled cigar. Items range from dry-aged rib eye and eggs with Lyonnaise potatoes and mixed greens to bourbon-glazed pork belly to antipasto.
Steak 954 is located at 401 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd. in Fort Lauderdale. Call 954-414-8333, or visit starr-restaurant.com/steak954.com.
• Tate's Comics: To honor Dad, Tate's is hosting a family outing for the day. Both locations are giving away juice boxes, snacks, and comics for the kids as well as 10 percent off all purchases. Dads can get an additional 20 percent off any one item of their choosing.
Tate's Comics is located at 4566 N. University Drive in Lauderhill (954-748-0181) and at 801 N. Congress Ave., Suite 604, in Boynton Beach (561-742-5440). Visit tatescomics.com.
• Bowl Dad Over: Throw some balls around with Dad at SpareZ on Sunday. The bowling alley is hosting a special that includes two rounds, shoes, a slice of cheese pizza, and a 12-ounce soft drink. The cost is $3.50 for dads, $7 for kids.
SpareZ is located at 5325 S. University Drive in Davie. Call 954-434-9663, or visit sparez-davie.com.
• Due South Brewing Co.: To celebrate the stereotypical beer drinker of the household -- moms definitely drink plenty of beer these days too -- Due South Brewing is offering a day of brew. Free tours will take place at 1, 2, 3, and 4 p.m., along with special-release brews and free "Dads Love Beer" koozies with purchase. Tacos Veracruz will be onsite with food.
Due South Brewing Co. is located at 2900 High Ridge Road, Suite 3, in Boynton Beach. Call 561-463-2337, or visit duesouthbrewing.com. Sara Ventiera
Relive the '70s
Channeling a decade of exceptional music, the Stage Door Theater of Broward County, in association with Kevin Black Productions, is hosting a special party this Father's Day to bring you On the Radio: Sounds of the '70s. Here's your chance to break out all of your favorite old clothes and accessories while listening to some of history's greatest hits. As you enjoy Broadway singer Mimi Jaye, along with Joey Taylor and Luke Stockton, you will be moving and grooving to songs like "Close to You," "Car Wash," "Dancing Queen," "Let It Be," "Proud Mary," "Midnight Train to Georgia," and "I Will Survive."
The show is being hosted throughout June and July, with showtimes at 2 and 8 p.m. Wednesdays through Sundays. Grab your love beads and your favorite tinted sunglasses to join the rest of South Florida's fan base on Sunday at 2 p.m. The Stage Door Theater of Broward County is located at 8036 W. Sample Road in Coral Springs. Tickets, which cost $38, can be purchased by calling 954-344-7765 or visiting stagedoortheater.com.
Sun., June 15, 2014
Get the Things to Do Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly guide to events in South Florida, and never be bored again. With suggestions for every day of the week, our recommendations will keep you busy on any budget.
More CALENDAR News
- Bonnet House Lecture Series
Wed., Jul. 1, 6:00pm
Wed., Jul. 1, 6:35pm
Wed., Jul. 1, 8:00pm
Thu., Jul. 2, 10:00am
- An Evening with Paul Anka
- Broward 100 Lecture Series: The Last Train from Key West