10 Musicians Who Share the Same November Birthdays Like Bryan Adams and Ryan Adams (No Joke!)
It's somewhat intriguing to note how people born on the same day can either share similarities or, on the other hand, actually be polar opposites in every single way, besides both being human, of course.
10. November 6: Singer/songwriter Guy Clark and ex-Eagle Glenn Frey. Clark wrote the song "Desperados Waiting for a Train" which the Eagles later covered. Read Frey's book, Heaven and Hell: My Life in the Eagles to see what desperados they really were.
9. November 8: Bonnie Bramlett and Bonnie Raitt -- simple - two singers, both named Bonnie. Both are babes, and they both sing the Blues. Also... Leif Garrett and Jack Osbourne. Garrett was once a teen idol who drove the little girls batty. Jack's dad was a little bit batty, as evidenced by the fact that he actually bit the head off of a bat.
8. November 11: What do you get when you mix a (Paul) Cowsill and an (Andy) Partridge? We don't know either, but the question gives us an excuse to reference two amusing last names.
7. November 13: Whoopi Goldberg and the late Toy Caldwell of the Marshall Tucker Band. Who would name their kid "Whoopi" or "Toy?"
6. November 15: Petula Clark and Ol' Dirty Bastard. One is a sweet English songbird. The other was an old dirty bastard. We'll leave it to you to make the distinction.
5. November 22: The late Rodney Dangerfield and Little Steven Van Zandt. One couldn't get no respect, the other wears a babushka. Um... insert your own joke here.
4. November 24: Composer Scott Joplin, who's no relation to Janis Joplin and bassist Donald "Duck" Dunn, who's no relation to a certain loud, obnoxious and inexplicably pants-less cartoon character. Also... ex-Beatle Pete Best and former ELO drummer Bev Bevan. Both inspire a question that would be well suited for an episode of Jeopardy. Name two drummers whose mere mention inspires the same befuddled response: "Who???"
3. November 28: Randy Newman and Paul Shaffer. Both play piano. Newman writes wacky songs ("Short People" anyone?) Shaffer is just plain wacky even when he doesn't play a note.
2. November 29: British Bluesman John Mayall, Mamas and Papas singer Denny Doherty, vocalist/keyboard player Felix Cavaliere of the Rascals and singer Barry Goudreau of the band Boston. Quick! Name four musicians that no one under the age of 30 has ever heard of...
1. November 30: Broadway singer/actor Mandy Patinkin and singer/poser Billy Idol. Two men with huge egos who appear to have a love affair with themselves. Quick, again! Name two performers that anyone over the age of 30 probably wished they'd never heard of.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.