Beatdown 2012: Ten Songs Waka Flocka Flame, DMX, Fat Joe, Travis Porter, and Fabolous Should Perform
Both the immortal words of Ol' Dirty Bastard, "I'll beat your ass," and LL Cool J's signature saying, "momma said 'knock you out'" are fitting themes for the upcoming Beatdown 2012.
- Waka Flocka Flame Gets Pawed by "Ferocious" Fans in Fort Lauderdale
- Top 10 Wackiest Waka Flocka Flame Rhymes on Tripple F
- Mike Tyson on the Obama Machine: "Sounds Beautiful for the Working Class People"
- Mike Tyson's Undisputed Truth Is an Intense Self-Portrait of a Complex Character
WBA fighters and hip-hop heavyweights take center stage at the BB&T Center, presumably to cheer up Panther fans still pissed off over this year's NHL lockout. Featuring several title bouts, Beatdown culminates in the headlining fight between Joan "Little Tyson" Guzman and Khabib "The Hawk" Allakhverdiev for the vacant WBA light-welterweight belt.
If that's not enough to get to you gorging on bloody slabs of steak while swigging scotch and puffing your favorite Dominican cigar, Flo Rida, Waka Flocka Flame, Fat Joe, Travis Porter, Fabolous, and, the Mike Tyson of hip-hop, DMX will be performing to fuel the bloodlust. We don't know about you, but we're doing lines of coke while brooding at our shirtless reflection in the bathroom mirror in preparation for this fucked up fiasco.
To help get you pumped with testosterone, we created this mixtape featuring songs we hope to hear at Beatdown 2012. Please enjoy while you resume glaring at your reflection, asking it menacingly if it's talking to you.
10. Big Pun featuring Fat Joe - "Twinz (Deep Cover)"
R.I.P. Big Pun. This is one of those rare cases where artists hijack an already popular beat and make a song just as good as the original, if not better.
Zac Brown Band
TicketsFri., Sep. 22, 7:00pm
Luis Fonsi Love + Dance World Tour
TicketsFri., Sep. 22, 8:00pm
Young the Giant: Home of the Strange Tour
TicketsSat., Sep. 23, 7:00pm
David Cook with special guest Kathryn Dean
TicketsSat., Sep. 23, 7:30pm
Arcade Fire - Infinite Content 2017
TicketsSat., Sep. 23, 8:00pm
9. Travis Porter - "Make It Rain"
If this song is not your alarm clock every morning, then you're fucking up right now. Motivation music to keep you on your grind.
8. Waka Flocka Flame - "Let Dem Guns Blam"One of his newer singles, the self-proclaimed inventor of "punk-rap" never fails at delivering angry jams that make it hard not to ram your car right into that guy who just finished cutting you off.
7. DMX - "X is Coming"
Classic. Where were you when you first heard It's Dark and Hell is Hot? Probably at your mom's debating whether to wear your FUBU or Nautica jacket.
b>6. Fabolous featuring Nate Dogg - "Can't Deny It"
An earlier hit for Fabolous, the late Nate Dogg lent his signature vocals to help John Jackson regulate the hook.
5. Flo Rida featuring Rick Ross and Bri - "Money Right"
One should have their money right when playing in the big leagues. Oh, you think this is a game? We play for keeps, playa.
4. Waka Flocka Flame - "Hard in Da Paint"
Sure, he's referring to basketball and this is a boxing event, but sports is sports. Don't you just want to destroy something beautiful after hearing this? We sure do!
3. Fat Joe featuring Lil Wayne - "Make It Rain on 'Em"
YES! Make it rain, Fat Joe! Make it rain on all dem hoes! Make it rain BLOOD!!!
2. Waka Flocka Flame featuring Travis Porter, Slim Dunkin, and D Bo - "Flex"
This song features two of Friday's performers, and is about flexing one's muscles and being all swole and shit. Can this be any more relevant? We submit that it cannot.
1. Ol' Dirty Bastard feat Wu-Tang Clan - "Protect Ya Neck 2"
Just because. We bet whichever fighter has this track on their iPod before the match is going to have an advantage. Not that we bet on sports or anything...
Beatdown 2012 with Flo Rida, Waka Flocka Flame, DMX, Fat Joe, Travis Porter, and Fabolous on November 30, BB&T Center, 1 Panther Parkway, Sunrise. Boxing starts at 5 p.m. and the hip-hop starts at 9 p.m. Tickets cost between $21.25 and 180.75 plus fees. VIP tables are available. Visit ticketmaster.com.
Get the Things to Do Newsletter
Find out about upcoming events and special offers happening in South Florida.