Caturday Cute Cat Contest Winner Gets a $50 Bar Tab at Green Room
The saddest, not the cutest.
Not everyone can have the cutest cat in the world -- that role has been taken by my own feline -- but everyone thinks her pet is the most adorbs creature to ever crawl the planet. This is true even if your four-legged beast looks like Grumpy Cat or Lil Bub, who -- I don't care how abstract beauty is -- aren't cute.
In celebration of Green Room's second-annual Caturday event that benefits the wonderful nonprofit rescue org the Cat Network, we've decided to judge which of your furries are the cutest through an Instagram competition. The prize is pretty purrrfect for you boozers out there: a $50 bar tab! Click on for the contest rules.
Last August, the place was filled with folks in kitten ears and cat faces painted over their own. Vendors sold kitty-cat thangs and catty crafts. There was live music and DJs with cat-inspired titles. They basically turned the place out for the gatos.
Green Room's Jonny Veo, AKA The Kitten Emperor, said he's "superexcited" to host his second Caturday. The goal here is to celebrate felines but also to get some kitties adopted.
Here are the Cute Cat Contest rules:
1. "Follow" BrowardNewTimes on Instagram.
2. Upload a picture of your kitty, and hash it #newtimescaturday (and anything you so desire).
3. We'll announce the winner in the comments section below on July 22.
Caturday, 10 p.m., Saturday, July 27, at Green Room Nightclub, 109 SW Second Ave., Fort Lauderdale. Visit Facebook.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.
More Music News
- The Kids Are Alright: Ten Sons and Daughters of Rock Worth a Second Listen
Sun., Aug. 2, 7:00pm
Fri., Aug. 7, 8:00pm
Fri., Aug. 7, 11:00pm
Sat., Aug. 8, 8:00pm
- Thomas Jack Brings Tropical House (Not Screams and Thumps) to Mad Decent
- "Cold-Hearted Criminal Pricks" Won't Keep Authority Zero Away From Respectable Street