County Grind Needs a Music Intern (Yet) Again!
What's up, students? Need some "real world" experience to mix with your pottery classes, beach-combing, and Food Not Bombs meetings? Today, we said farewell to a guy with ice-cold shoes and a serious hatred for the Beatles, Ryan Burk. Now it's back to square one.
Ideally, County Grind is looking for someone who is passionate about a lot of different types of music, enjoys attending concerts featuring local and national acts, knows how to write a good blog, can work independently, and is willing to be the butt of our jokes at the end of the academic term.
Emphasis that you must be in school
of some sort (undergrad, grad, postgrad, you pick), so that we can
give you college credit for your commitments, which would ideally be
about 20 hours spread creatively over a five-day workweek starting as early as September.
Although this is an unpaid position, you will be paid for all writing
contributions -- and the right internship candidate will obtain many
opportunities to develop as a writer, editor, and journalistic hero.
Experience with blogging software would be an enormous asset, as well as
proximity to our Fort Lauderdale office.
To apply, send an email with "County Grind Internship" in the subject line to Music@BrowardPalmBeach. And tell us:
1. Your relevant experience, music interests, and career goals.
2. Where we can read samples of your writing (links are ideal).
3. Your school and a proposed schedule that fits loosely within regular daily business hours (10 a.m. to 6 p.m.).
That's it! Thanks for your attention.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.
More Music News
- The Kids Are Alright: 10 Sons and Daughters of Rock Worth a Second Listen
Sat., Aug. 1, 8:00pm
Sun., Aug. 2, 7:00pm
Fri., Aug. 7, 8:00pm
Fri., Aug. 7, 11:00pm
- Thomas Jack Brings Tropical House (Not Screams and Thumps) to Mad Decent
- "Cold-Hearted Criminal Pricks" Won't Keep Authority Zero Away From Respectable Street