Fans Are Writing Amazing Songs About Donald Trump
Ninian Reid via Flickr creative commons
It's election season, and — surprise, surprise — serious artists Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen, and R.E.M. are pissed about politicians using their songs for campaigns. Donald Trump, however, doesn't need permission from any self-righteous celebrity. Dee Snider has been fine with Trump using Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It" as an anthem, and besides, the Donald has plenty of fans cranking out homages on the regular.
Far more than any other candidate — in fact, if anyone has cared enough to write songs about Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio, they've escaped us, though Bernie Sanders has quite a few tunes in his honor — Donald's fans have been laying down original tracks with honest-to-God passion and a healthy dose of WTF.
We're not talking about the usual
Here instead are ten truly inspired, fascinatingly weird tunes inspired by the Donald:
10.) Mitchell Stone is from here in South Florida — Tamarac, to be exact. A former Top 40 DJ and talk radio host for stations 940/WINZ and WNWS/NewsTalk-790, he tells New Times that "when I 'played the hits' on the radio, it made me recognize the qualities of great songs, so following the radio experience I parlayed that music knowledge into founding Emstone Music Publishing, my own BMI-affiliated company." He says he was inspired to write this tune — "President Trump" — because "I believe Donald Trump is the best 2016 presidential candidate to rally America back to great times and to command the respect the United States deserves on the world stage."
A sampling of the lyrics:
President Trump. President Trump/ you'll get us on the right track
President Trump, President Trump/
No beatin' around the bush / this president is all biz-
...President Trump, You are the rock star/ where is your guitar?
9) A band called Bitcoin Song (its two other songs are about Bitcoin) features a super-into-it wannabe Bono on vocals. The music that goes with the Hemingwayesque title "Donald Trump Song" is super-stripped-down, jangly, amateurish, and yet... captivating?
Donald, Donald, Donald Trump
Build a wall/ build it tall/ don't make it small / Trump
Tell us all about your policies/ as we sip our tea/ Trump
... I don't even like wool cause it's itchy on my skin.
The first comment on this on YouTube video, posted by "a duck," says: "I thought you were
8) What it lacks in musicality (everything), this tune — "Be Free Vote for Donald Trump" — makes up for with its earnestness. Actually, there are some kinda cool random Casio keyboard bits. Let's not call them completely off-beat; let's call them syncopated.
You're gonna stop illegal immigration/ and stop ISIS / before they kill us all
Be free vote for Donald Trump
7) There are some capable lady rappers throwing down on this Erika Vidrio track, "El Rap de Donald Trump"
"Chinga tu madre" means they love him, yeah?
5.) A breathy Luke Forbes displays mad rhyming skills on "Donald Trump for President":
Hannity for Humanity/
Megyn Kelly makes me hot/ Fox News rocks
ISIS /wants to demise us...
Mr. Trump / take us out of our slump
TicketsSat., Apr. 1, 8:00pm
Il Volo: Notte Magica - A Tribute To The Three Tenors
TicketsSat., Apr. 1, 8:00pm
Festival Internacional Ernesto Lecuona
TicketsSun., Apr. 2, 3:00pm
SFSO - Untamed Spirit
TicketsSun., Apr. 2, 5:30pm
Billy Porter: Broadway & Soul
TicketsSun., Apr. 2, 7:00pm
4) Warning: this one is disturbing. Little tiny children with squeaky angelic voices have been programmed to carry out a project called "USA Freedom Kids" and have given the world "Freedom's
Cowardice, Are you Serious?
Apologies for Freedom; I can't handle this.
When Freedom rings; Answer the Call.
On Your Feet; Stand up Tall.
Freedom's on our Shoulders, USA.
Enemies of Freedom, Face the Music,
c'mon boys, take 'em down.
President Donald Trump knows how,
to make America great.
Deal from strength or get crushed every time...
3) You might know that Mac Miller wrote a song called "Donald Trump" back in 2011, more about his swagger than his politics ("Ay yo, the
Up like Donald Trump (up)
Chain swings like nunchucks
She gon' chew you up, twerk like she from Russia....
Breakin' down the kush, don't it look so plush?
Take a couple puffs, I'm like Donald Trump!
1) Maybe more what you expected? From "the Moron Brothers" of Kentucky, a bluegrass song about Donald Trump's
Get the Music Newsletter
Find out about upcoming concerts and special offers happening in the South Florida music scene.