Highlights from Tupac's Film Career on His 40th Birthday
Tupac as Lucky in "Poetic Justice"
The spotlight on Tupac Shakur's life often focuses on his musical ventures, but people seem to forget about his career on the big screen. From Janet Jackson to Tim Roth and even Mickey Rourke, Tupac co-starred
alongside some of Hollywood's big players. So in honor of the legendary hip-hop artist's 40th birthday, we
compiled a few highlights from his filmography.
Click through the jump to see some of Tupac's film highlights. Beware many of them are NSFW due to language, so you might want to turn the speakers down in the office.
1. "Juice" (1992) - Appearing alongside Omar Epps, this was Tupac's first starring role. How many times can one person say "fuck" in under a minute?
Ms. Lauryn Hill - The MLH Caravan: A Diaspora Calling! Concert Series
TicketsFri., Dec. 9, 8:30pm
South Florida Pride Wind Ensemble: Holiday Treasures
TicketsSat., Dec. 10, 7:00pm
TicketsSat., Dec. 10, 8:00pm
Symphony of the Americas: Holiday Magic
TicketsSun., Dec. 11, 2:00pm
School of Rock
TicketsSun., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
2. "Poetic Justice" (1993) - Tupac vs. Janet? Need we say more?
3. "A Different World" (1993) - Ok it's not a movie, but c'mon seeing Tupac on a sitcom? Couldn't leave that out.
4. "Above the Rim" (1994) - Definitely Tupac's greatest film role.
5. "Gridlock'd" (1997) - Released after Tupac's death, the stabbing debate with Tim Roth is quite hilarious.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.