Moving Units: Radio-Active Records' Top 5 Releases for August 10-16
This is the summer of dubstep.
graciously keeps us up-to-date and comments on the current releases
flying out of his store each week.
As one of the world's preeminent dubstep DJs, Briton Skream is in similar company with premier bike messengers, mumblecore directors, and rogue restaurant owners -- titans within a small, committed community and relative unknowns to the greater population. With Outside the Box, 24-year-old Oliver Jones probably has a legion of elite car companies envisioning placing his polished synthesizer and beat sculptures of "The Epic Last Song" with its latest luxury model. More than likely, it'll be his collaborations with La Roux and Murs that spread the net wider than this niche.
Radio-Active Records' Top 5 Releases for August 10-16:
1. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs (Merge) "Suburbs knocked out Eminem's latest offering to debut at the number-one spot on Billboard. Now let's get them to Florida!"
2. Skream - Outside the Box (Tempa/Forced Exposure) "Dubstep! Two of the heaviest hitters in the genre grace our Top 5 list this week; Skream with a 4xLP box set and Benga with a new 12-inch."
3. Benga - "Stop Watching"/"Little Bits" (Digital Soundboy)
4. Best Coast - Crazy for You (Mexican Summer)
5. LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening (DFA)
Which albums will we be talking about next week?
"Next week, look out for new releases from genre-giants Iron Maiden's The Final Frontier (EMI), BXI's Boris & Ian Astbury (Southern Lord), Matthew Dear's Black City (Ghostly International), Brian Wilson's Reimagines Gershwin (Disney Pearl), Filter's The Trouble With Angels (Rocket Science), Darker My Love's Alive as You Are (Dangerbird), David Gray's Foundling (Downtown), Superchunk's No Pocky for Kitty and On the Mouth reissues (Merge), and more!"
Get the Things to Do Newsletter
Find out about upcoming events and special offers happening in South Florida.