graciously keeps us up-to-date and comments on the current releases
flying out of his store each week.
Dungen's albums sound like the psychedelic background to one of the freakiest parties that ever happened before many of us were born -- or ideally, nine months before we were born. Skit I Allt -- translated as "fuck it all" in Swedish -- continues this tradition of vocals in the native tongue, a disregard for typical time signatures, and gorgeous guitar riff fusillade. On the video for the title track, the party we all were imagining is actualized, which seems to support the theory that Gustav Estjes and his band own a time machine and have a lot of really randy friends.
Radio-Active Records' Top 5 Releases for September 7-13
1. Interpol - Interpol (Matador) "Interpol recovered from their previous major-label effort with a record that is their best since Antics. The limited-edition LP version is pressed at 45 speed for maximum sound, and you can get an Interpol 'branded' 45 spindle while supplies last."
2. The Sword - Warp Riders (Kemado)
3. Jenny & Johnny - I'm Having Fun Now (Warner Bros.) "Jenny Lewis and Jonathan Rice team up for their version of duets along the lines of Nancy and Lee as well as Mark and Isobel. Poppy, cute, and simple sums up this collaboration, and although their are no surprises, it's a quirky record that will please fans of both artists."
4. Dungen - Skiit I Allt (Mexican Summer) The aforementioned video:
5. Land of Talk - Cloak and Cipher (Saddle Creek)
Which albums will we be discussing next week?
"Next week is looking to be a monster with these major releases in the pipeline: Weezer's Hurley (Epitaph), the Drums' self-titled album (Moshi Moshi), Robert Plant's Band of Joy (Rounder),
Grinderman's 2 (Anti-), the Black Angels' Phosphene Dream (Light in the Attic),
Chromeo's Business Casual (Vice),
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Azure Ray's Drawing Down the Moon (Saddle Creek),
Of Montreal's False Priest (Polyvinyl),
Blonde Redhead's Penny Sparkle (4AD), and more!
Predicted top sellers: Grinderman, Of Montreal, the Drums, the Black Angels, and Blonde Redhead."