Mustaine Monday: Ten Totally Stupid Statements Uttered by Megadeth's Frontman
Hey, did you hear about what Dave Mustaine said re: President Obama and the recent shooting sprees? It was totally stupid.
This is not the first time the Megadeth frontman has trended on Google for saying something completely idiotic. In fact, the vocalist/guitarist has practically made a second career out of churning out insta-meme nuggets of hateful, moronic gold.
Racism. Paranoiad conspiracy theories. Great loathing for pop music and gay people. If it's simpleminded, Dave Mustaine has uttered it.
How does his recent display of absolute idiocy stack up against the classics? Check the jump to find out.
Dave Mustaine is, like, super wacky
The Symphonia of Boca Raton: James Judd, Guest Conductor
TicketsThu., Dec. 8, 8:00pm
Florida Chamber Orchestra Presents Christmas Concert
TicketsFri., Dec. 9, 8:00pm
TicketsFri., Dec. 9, 8:00pm
Ms. Lauryn Hill - The MLH Caravan: A Diaspora Calling! Concert Series
TicketsFri., Dec. 9, 8:30pm
South Florida Pride Wind Ensemble: Holiday Treasures
TicketsSat., Dec. 10, 7:00pm
10. "Some of those fags, they just don't belong there. I shouldn't say that, that's a terrible word. But all those bands with the makeup and all that... That ain't metal. That's just not metal."
9. "It wasn't enough for Megadeth to do well. I wanted Metallica to fail."
8. "All bands eventually break up because of one or more of the four P's: Power, property, prestiege, pussy."
7. "Pop and metal aren't friends. Each knows exactly where the other lives and tries to keep its distance. They choose different streets, neighborhoods, zip codes."
Dave Mustaine: rich, Christian, and smarmy
6. "It's pretty clear that they're taking prayer out of school. It's been happening for a very long time. The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. I collect books and I have some really, really old schoolbooks, and God is mentioned on every single page. They're taking God out of the schools to dumb us down."
5. "...but what about supporting gay marriage? 'I'm a Christian. The answer to that would be no,' he replied."
Imagine making out with Dave Mustaine
Dave Mustaine sucks
2. "Slash, From a guitar perspective is the last true Guitar God in our midst."
1. "Back in my country, my president is trying to pass a gun ban. So he's staging all of these murders, like the Fast and Furious thing down at the border and Aurora, Colorado, all the people that were killed there. And now the beautiful people at the Sikh temple."
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.