Radio-Active Records' Top 5 Releases for October 12-18
Although it's not County Grind's policy to meddle into the lives of local record buyers, there seems to be tumult residing in this week's column. At the top, Belle and Sebastian's "Write About Love" featuring vocals by English actress Carey Mulligan, keeps to the band's long-standing formula of wry, bitter remarks set to peppy tunes. Read on to discover a grouping of releases with downward emotional leanings about as subtle as a frying pan to the face -- and the Klaxons!
Radio-Active Records' Top 5 Releases for October 12-18:
1. Belle and Sebastian - Write About Love (Matador) "Not much of a surprise for Belle & Sebastian's new LP to enter at number one. This is the group's first full-length in over four years, not altering
their successful 'twee-pop' sound that has dominated their career. This
new LP won't win over any newcomers but won't disappoint long time fans
either. Limited edition 45 singles are available with every LP purchase
while supplies last."
2. Antony & the Johnsons - Swanlights (Secretly Canadian)
3. Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross - The Social Network soundtrack (Null) "Nine Inch Nails fans rejoice: The Social Network's score is now released on disc. LP
to come later on in the month. Think Ghosts without the plodding
4. Swans - My Father Will Guide Me Up a Rope to the Sky (Young God) "Mood killers The Swans are still shifting units as they continue their
world tour into 2011. Florida promoters take notice please!"
5. Klaxons - Surfing the Void (tinyOGRE)
Which albums will we discuss next week?
"Next week, save your dollars for Bob Dylan's monster The Witmark Demos 1962-1964 (Columbia) 4xLP box set in mono! Also to be released: Dylan's Best of the Original Mono Recordings (Columbia), Esben & The Witch's "Marching Song" single (Matador),
Kings Of Leon's Come Around Sundown (RCA),
Death In June's Occidental Martyr (Nerus), and Burial picture disc re-issues, and more!"
Get the Music Newsletter
Find out about upcoming concerts and special offers happening in the South Florida music scene.