Red Hot Chili Peppers' New Interactive Video: Fun or Boring?
So, the Chili Peppers may have delayed their tour, which will kick off in Florida, but they certainly aren't staying out of the spotlight. Their new interactive video for "Look Around" is... well, something else. The highlights, in County Grind's opinion, aren't the interactive elements as much as some of the other, more obvious details. When hearing of the video's features, one of our writers described the RHCP as "dorks." It certainly is a dorky endeavor.
Things you can do with it include zooming in and out (boring), finding hidden photos in the rooms (less boring), and scanning back and forth between rooms to see each musician perform in their own spaces (kind of cool).
1. Anthony Kiedis' daughter is adorable. Kids and dogs are a big plus here.
2. Chad Smith looks exactly like Will Ferrell. This video would be improved if that were actually Will Ferrell acting as Chad Smith. Then they could skip the interactive part and it, on its own, would go viral in moments.
3. Chad Smith exposes his ass.
4. Chad Smith is sitting on a toilet.
5. Antony Kiedis is topless, as usual, but his a-la- The-Artist 's look is extra hot.
6. Flea is always cooler-than-thou with his blue hair and cute colorful ensemble, getting kinky with a female lookalike. On the other end of the spectrum, Josh Klinghoffer is simply looking around a room where there's nothing to look at. Boh-ring. Give me my Frusciante!
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene with music features, additional online music listings and show picks. We'll also send special ticket offers and music promotions available only to our Music Newsletter subscribers.