South Florida's Ten Best Memorial Day 2016 Parties
Funky Buddha in Oakland Park will host Funky Arts for Freedom, a fundraiser benefiting veteran housing.
Memorial Day 2016 is upon us, and beyond honoring the American soldiers who died serving our country, it's a great opportunity to take a well-deserved break from our busy lives and relish in our hard-earned freedom.
Take a load off, kick a few back, and reflect on just how awesome we've got things here. These are the ten best Memorial Day Weekend parties in South Florida.
10. "Bottomless" Memorial Day Brunch at Tap 42. Monday, May 31, 421411 S. Andrews Ave., Fort Lauderdale.
It's just like every other amazing bottomless brunch at Tap, except this time, it all goes down on a Monday. From 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., enjoy unlimited bloody marys, mimosas, and Funky Buddha Floridians for $15.
9. Funky Arts for Freedom: Art Show, Sale, & Fundraiser at Funky Buddha Brewery. Sunday, May 30,
Local vendors like the Wander Shop and Tipsy Gardener will come together to raise money for Rebuilding Together Broward County: Veteran Housing Initiative. They're also offering wristbands for $1 off all Funky Buddha drafts during the event with a donation of $5 or more.
8. RSC: The 10th Ever Cheesy '80s Prom at Respectable Street. Sunday, May 29, 518 Clematis St., West Palm Beach. Visit Facebook for more info.
A balloon archway will set the stage for cheesy prom pics at Respectable's tenth edition of its '80s prom night. Spiked punch all night and prizes for the best-dressed "Prom King and Queen" make this no-cover event particularly enticing.
7. Memorial Day Weekend Celebration: Three Nights at Vibe Las Olas. Friday, May 27 to Sunday, May 29, 301 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale. Visit Facebook for more info.
Downtown Fort Lauderdale's bumping nightclub will throw down three nights of party-starting beats to celebrate Memorial Day Weekend in style, featuring DJs
6. Spoonbeach Memorial Day Weekend Concert at ArtsPark. Saturday, May 28, 1 North Young Circle, Hollywood. More info at Eventbrite.com.
Miami's high-energy Latin rock group Spoonbeach will provide the tunes at downtown Hollywood's Memorial Day Weekend concert special, kicking off at 8 p.m.
Kreepy Tiki will host a fundraiser for a new documentary on local punk legends LOAD.
Courtesy of Gary and Rick Ahmed
5. LET'S GET LOADed at Kreepy Tiki Bar & Lounge. Saturday, May 28,
Kreepy Tiki is dedicated to the local rock community, which is why they're hosting a fundraiser for Whiskey On Beer, the in-the-works documentary about South Florida punk legends LOAD. The event will feature performances by Shark Valley Sisters, Killed By Florida, Haochi, Party Flag, and Lone Wolf. For a $10 donation, you'll get one Kreepy Tiki "Spunk Shot" and a raffle ticket. All proceeds will go directly to the Indiegogo campaign.
4. Laidback Luke at Passion Nightclub. Sunday, May 29, 5701 Seminole Way, Fort Lauderdale. More info at Eventbrite.com.
Filipino-Dutch electro house DJ and producer Laidback Luke consistently ranks on DJ Mag's annual list of the world's best DJs, and he makes a stop this Memorial Day Weekend at Passion Nightclub at the Hard Rock. Snag early bird tickets for $20.
3. Memorial Day Punk Attack! Punk Rock BBQ, Flea Market, Zines at Kreepy Tiki Bar & Lounge. Sunday, May 29,
Starting at 4 p.m., Kreepy Tiki will host a massive Sunday BBQ and flea market featuring live music from Scum Punch, Voice of Addiction, Pena Maxima, and more. Vendors like
2. Undertow Jam 2016 Featuring Young the Giant at Revolution Live. Sunday, May 29, 100 SW 3rd Ave., Fort Lauderdale. Visit Facebook for more info.
New rock station in town 104.3 the Shark is aiming for greatness with the launch of its Undertow Jam this Sunday starting at 1 p.m., featuring Young the Giant, the Strumbellas, Joywave, Bear Hands, JR JR, and Finish Ticket. Tickets cost $23 plus fees via Ticketmaster.
1. Rhythm Fest at Rhythm & Vine. Sunday, May 29, 401 NE 5th Ter., Fort Lauderdale. Admission is free. Bottomless brunch costs $20. Visit Facebook for more info.
Fort Lauderdale's edgy beer garden will host its inaugural Rhythm Fest this Sunday, featuring Miami's legendary
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.