SXSW: Ten Things Your Outfit Says About You
Photo by Erik Hess
Here are the top ten visual subjects who let us point a camera at them, and what their attire was saying -- or screaming -- at us.
- By Reed Fischer
10. "My pants look better than your legs."
9. "Check out my mixtape." Also, this guy told us to check out his mixtape.
8. "You should've seen my vest before I painted my daughter's bedroom."
7. "This beard is not just some weekend experiment."
"We thought there was a possibility that we would come across some
turntables today, so we dressed in a suitably fresh manner."
5. "When does Steve Aoki go on?"
4. "Check us out on Bandcamp." Plus, they did tell us to check them out on Bandcamp.
3. "DGK-ing for a period of time that drops below a 24-hour threshold is not acceptable."
"What is it that I love again? Oh, that's right: Fun." Whenever we
mentioned this guy, people shot back, "Was it referring to the band Fun.?" Possibly, but give this guy a little credit.
1. "Vote for me, I'm running for president of your nightmare." Actually, Vermin Supreme
has run in numerous elections since he began his gonzo political career
in the late '80s. In spite of promoting essential measures like
mandatory tooth-brushing and zombie apocalypse awareness, he is not seen
as a serious contender for the 2012 Democratic nomination.
View more photos and Village Voice Media content from SXSW 2012 here:
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene with music features, additional online music listings and show picks. We'll also send special ticket offers and music promotions available only to our Music Newsletter subscribers.