Ten Celebrity Baby Namers Worse Than Mariah Carey
This afternoon on Twitter, Mariah Carey revealed the names of "dembabies": Monroe Cannon and Moroccan Scott Cannon. So why the ridiculous names? According to her website, son Moroccan is named for the Moroccan Room in their apartment where Nick Cannon proposed. Daughter Monroe's name is a tribute to Marilyn Monroe, an icon who has inspired the singer throughout her life and career. I'd be pretty pissed if my parents named me after a room in their house or a pill-popping sex icon. Then again, at least the girl wasn't named Sylk after Padma Lakshmi's character in Glitter, and the young man didn't get dubbed Gigolo after Nick Cannon's 2003
Mimi isn't the only musician to dish out ridiculous kids' names, so we've compiled a list of our favorites. Check it out after the jump.
1. Bronx Mowgli (Pete Wentz and Ashlee Simpson)
Anthony Hamilton With Lalah Hathaway & Eric Benet
TicketsThu., Oct. 27, 7:30pm
Alessia Cara: Know-It-All Tour Part II
TicketsFri., Oct. 28, 7:30pm
Sully Erna: Hometown Tour 2016
TicketsFri., Oct. 28, 8:00pm
Sia: Nostalgic For The Present Tour
TicketsSat., Oct. 29, 7:00pm
Viva La Salsa!!!
TicketsSat., Oct. 29, 8:00pm
2. Zuma Nesta Rock (Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale)
3. Harlow Winter Kate and Sparrow James Midnight (Joel Madden)
4. Calico, Dashiell, and Sonora Rose (Alice Cooper)
5. Rufus Tiger, Tiger Lily, and Lola Daisy (Roger Taylor)
6. Saffron Sahara and Tallulah Pine (Simon Lebon)
7. Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily (Michael Hutchence)
8. Denim and Diezel (Toni Braxton)
9. Seven Sirius, Puma, and Mars Merkaba (Erykah Badu)
And the award for the parent with the most ridiculous kids' names definitely goes to Frank Zappa with Moon Unit, Dweezil, Ahmet Emuukha Rodan, and Diva Thin Muffin Pigeen.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.