Ten Celebrity Baby Namers Worse Than Mariah Carey
This afternoon on Twitter, Mariah Carey revealed the names of "dembabies": Monroe Cannon and Moroccan Scott Cannon. So why the ridiculous names? According to her website, son Moroccan is named for the Moroccan Room in their apartment where Nick Cannon proposed. Daughter Monroe's name is a tribute to Marilyn Monroe, an icon who has inspired the singer throughout her life and career. I'd be pretty pissed if my parents named me after a room in their house or a pill-popping sex icon. Then again, at least the girl wasn't named Sylk after Padma Lakshmi's character in Glitter, and the young man didn't get dubbed Gigolo after Nick Cannon's 2003
Mimi isn't the only musician to dish out ridiculous kids' names, so we've compiled a list of our favorites. Check it out after the jump.
1. Bronx Mowgli (Pete Wentz and Ashlee Simpson)
The Last Waltz 40 Tour: The 40th Anniversary of The Last Waltz
TicketsSat., Jan. 21, 7:30pm
SFSO - ÜBERMENSCH
TicketsSun., Jan. 22, 5:00pm
TicketsSun., Jan. 22, 6:30pm
Geoff Tate - The Whole Story "ryche" Acoustic Tour
TicketsSun., Jan. 22, 7:30pm
Celebrating Antonio Carlos Jobim
TicketsMon., Jan. 23, 8:00pm
2. Zuma Nesta Rock (Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale)
3. Harlow Winter Kate and Sparrow James Midnight (Joel Madden)
4. Calico, Dashiell, and Sonora Rose (Alice Cooper)
5. Rufus Tiger, Tiger Lily, and Lola Daisy (Roger Taylor)
6. Saffron Sahara and Tallulah Pine (Simon Lebon)
7. Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily (Michael Hutchence)
8. Denim and Diezel (Toni Braxton)
9. Seven Sirius, Puma, and Mars Merkaba (Erykah Badu)
And the award for the parent with the most ridiculous kids' names definitely goes to Frank Zappa with Moon Unit, Dweezil, Ahmet Emuukha Rodan, and Diva Thin Muffin Pigeen.
Get the Music Newsletter
Find out about upcoming concerts and special offers happening in the South Florida music scene.