Tonight! Henry Rollins at Revolution
Crash into us, Henry
Before we enter his chamber of clarity, let's reflect on a few gems we've received over the years from this precious source for hardcore wisdom. The following selections come from Rollins' books: Black Coffee Blues, Do I Come Here Often?, Solipsist, The First Five, Eye Scream, Get in the Van: On the Road with Black Flag, and The Portable Henry Rollins.
Our top 10 Henry Rollins quotes after the jump.
1."Cockroaches are your gods. You are Weak...You could never live with the simplicity and beauty of the roach."
TicketsFri., Jan. 20, 7:00pm
Side by Side: A Steve Lawrence & Eydie Gorme Tribute
TicketsFri., Jan. 20, 8:00pm
The Last Waltz 40 Tour: The 40th Anniversary of The Last Waltz
TicketsSat., Jan. 21, 7:30pm
SFSO - ÜBERMENSCH
TicketsSun., Jan. 22, 5:00pm
TicketsSun., Jan. 22, 6:30pm
2."I got three letters today telling me that I'm God. Why can't I pay the rent?"
3. "That's when I'm on--when the beast is running through my blood. I can feel it and it's so good."
4. "A man drove himself insane...At least he was driven."
5. "Every word that escapes my mouth is a solipsism. Every move I make is solipsistic. Solipsist. Look it up, insect."
6. "You want to fuck, own, and kill as much as anyone else. And all that, is what we have in common. One tragic laugh riot. No such thing as heroes, just crazy motherfuckers with good press relations."
7. "You'll end up right where you're supposed to be. Don't be surprised when you get there. Everything you did was a step in that direction. There is no such thing as bad luck."
8. "Civilization has turned you into desperate animals in pain."
9. "If you stay away from people as much as possible, then you'll be alright."
10. "Keep your blood clean, your body lean, and your mind sharp."
Get the Music Newsletter
Find out about upcoming concerts and special offers happening in the South Florida music scene.