Best Object of Political Hatred: Joyce Kaufman
New Times Best of Broward-Palm Beach edition is here, folks.
Even as Gov. Rick Scott continues to go lower and lower in the ranks of sanity every week, Joyce Kaufman is still the area's number-one object of political hatred.
Kaufman, Rep. Allen West's former chief of staff, has been a consistent teller of blathering, near-sociopathic comments during her afternoon radio show on WFTL-AM (850).
Here are a few quotes on illegal immigrants cataloged by the Florida Independent:
- In August 2007, when discussing illegal immigrants, she said on her show, "If you commit a crime while you're here, we should hang you and send your body back to where you came from, and your family should pay for it."
- She became infuriated at illegal immigration after she called Comcast and the recording said, "Press 2 for Spanish."
- She said at a rally, with West standing by, "Calling illegal immigrants 'undocumented workers' is like calling a drug dealer a pharmacist without a license." She was furious that children of illegal immigrants were educated in public schools and received health care at emergency rooms. "There are people who want to change your way of life, and some of them may be your gardeners," she said.
She's also fired off on Muslims, called Nancy Pelosi "garbage," and, of course, recommended shooting people if elections don't work out their way: "If ballots don't work, bullets will."
MSNBC's Rachel Maddow aired that last quote on her show, introducing to the nation the new kids on the block for political insanity.
Congratulations, Joyce Kaufman -- New Times' Best Object of Political Hatred in 2011.
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Massive Pill-Mill Operation in Broward Leads to Eight Arrests
- Chubby Checker Sues Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom Over Kids' Clothing Line
- Below-Normal Hurricane Season Predicted by NOAA