Boca Raton Utility Ordered to "Immediately" Fix Water Contamination Problems
Bad news, thirsty Boca residents.
"The problem is they didn't have the proper check valves to keep reclaimed water from mixing with potable water. That means anyone drinking the potable water may have been drinking more than potable water," Jerry Phillips, Florida director of Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility, tells New Times.
• Inadequate cross-contamination safeguards to prevent wastewater from entering drinking water lines. The Health Department found the city had been aware of problems since February 2006;• Illegal chemical injection system hooked up to city water lines. This violation covers eight years;• Reconnecting disinfected wells to city lines without adequate microbiological surveys to ensure removal of harmful contaminants; and• Failure to conduct thorough tests for the presence of lead and copper in water lines.
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Oakland Raiders 2002 AFC Championship Ring Has Gone Missing in Delray Beach
- Mayor Jeri Muoio Places Ban on Official Travel to Indiana in Wake of 'Religious...
- Lisa "Noodles" Hayden's Friends Call on City to Build Gates at Cooley's Landing Boat Ramps
- Judge Says GEO Group Negligent in Australian Prisoner's Brutal Death