Crazy Amounts of Food Fort Lauderdale Could Have Purchased With the $26,350 It Blew on Anti-Panhandling Ads
Fort Lauderdale has decided to spend $26,350 on anti-panhandling ads. As discussed yesterday, the signs convey a sense that giving change to the homeless is similar to giving food to wild animals.
Here, some food options you can buy with $26,350.
- 133,080 Spicy Chicken Nuggets from Wendy's
- 17,247 boxes of angel hair pasta and 7,096 jars of Hunt's spaghetti sauce
- 3,297 Italian Sausage & Pepper Trio pizzas from Domino's
- 6,422 jars of ShopRite peanut butter and 4,602 jars of jelly
- 7,339 cans of Spam
- 4,398 steaks that weight six ounces each
- 58,555 packages of chicken flavor Ramen Noodle
- 11,711 packages of hot dogs
- 908 Fresh Maine Lobster Rolls from the Breaker's Beach Club Restaurant
- 35,133 cans of Campbell's Pork & Beans
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Marco Rubio Says Same-Sex Marriage Is "Clear and Present Danger" to Christianity
- High-Speed Chase in Boca Raton Ends With Three Arrests
- Why Hallandale Beach Paid $150,000 to Family of Unarmed Man Shot by Cop