Dalia Dippolito's Trial Rules (Shhh. Don't Mention She Was an Escort)
Dalia Dippolito, the Boynton Beach newlywed accused of plotting to have her husband killed, was in court yesterday preparing for her April 25 trial. Her lawyers and prosecutors from the Palm Beach State Attorney's Office set some ground rules for the court proceedings, including a ban on mentioning allegations that Dippolito was working as an escort when she met her husband, Michael.
With that in mind, here are a few other things lawyers for both sides might want to keep hush-hush in the courtroom.
1) Pay no attention to "wellhung kevin," the unknown person who was texting Dalia in July 2009, a month before she was arrested.
2) Let's forget about Michael Dippolito's pesky little criminal record too. Just because a man was convicted of organized fraud doesn't mean he's a bad person.
Florida Panthers v Tampa Bay Lightning
TicketsThu., Jan. 26, 7:30pm
Florida Panthers v Ottawa Senators
TicketsTue., Jan. 31, 7:30pm
Florida Panthers v Anaheim Ducks
TicketsFri., Feb. 3, 7:30pm
Florida Atlantic University Owls Men's Basketball vs. University of North Texas Mean Green Mens Basketball
TicketsThu., Feb. 9, 7:00pm
3) Come to think of it, we really shouldn't go digging into Michael's financial records, as Dalia's lawyer has requested. Sure, Michael had tens of thousands of dollars lying around to give his wife, while his fraud victims never got their restitution, but what's wrong with that?
4) Alleged Cayman Island bank account, fancy car, Mob connections. All those are off-limits when if comes to Michael too.
5) Finally, dude, please do not mention Michael's son from a previous relationship, the paternity suit filed by his ex-lover, and the child support he never paid. We're going to keep this trial short, clean, and focused on Dalia, OK?
Get the Things to Do Newsletter
Find out about upcoming events and special offers happening in South Florida.