Presumably white-boy-style dancing was intended to pump him up. That obviously failed since Pennington is now out for the season.
But that got us thinking, if Pennington can dance like nobody is watching then why can't other athletes? And that's why we perused YouTube, just for you readers, to bring you this video list of the five best athlete dancing videos.
Check them out after the jump.
5. Shaquille O'Neal, current player for Boston Celtics, and Mark Madsen, formerly a player for LA Lakers, dance it out on stage.
4. Shaq; LeBron James, current player for Miami Heat; and Dwight Howard, current player for Orlando Magic, stage a dance-off during the 2007 All Star game.
3. John Wall, current player for the Washington Wizards, does "The Dougie," a dance created by hip-hop group Cali Swag District.
2. Chad Johnson (Ochocinco), current player for the Cincinnatti Bengals, does the chicken dance.
1. Shaq dances with the Jabbawockeez, a dance troupe made famous from MTV's show America's Best Dance Crew.
And if you're interested, after this last jump we've got a bonus video: ESPN analyst Digger Phelps dancing in an extreme white-boy style.
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss New Times Broward-Palm Beach's biggest stories.