Florida's Congressional Delegation Worth More Than $170 Million
The 27 members of Florida's congressional delegation are collectively worth more than $170 million, according to recently released figures from the Center for Responsive Politics.
Much of the delegation's collective $172,193,290 estimated net worth comes from Rep. Vern Buchanan, whose $136,152,641 is largely due to his car dealerships. It's estimated he could be worth as much as $323 million.
There are still nine other millionaires representing Floridians, including Sen. Bill Nelson and Reps. Steve Southerland, Ander Crenshaw, Cliff Stearns, John Mica, Kathy Castor, Dennis Ross, Tom Rooney, and Frederica Wilson.
Rep. Alcee Hastings is yet again one of the least-valuable members of Congress, as he's worth an estimated -$4.7 million due to next to zero assets and millions of dollars worth of liabilities in the form of legal fees.
Had Alan Grayson not gotten the boot from his district's voters in 2012, his estimated net worth of nearly $94 million would have brought the value of Florida's congressional delegation to more than a quarter-billion dollars.
Check out the estimated net worth of each member of Florida's congressional delegation below:
- Bill Nelson: $3,765,503
- Marco Rubio: $379,505
- Jeff Miller: $223,501
- Steve Southerland: $2,826,001
- Corrine Brown: $3,501
- Ander Crenshaw: $4,479,509
- Richard Nugent: $709,001
- Cliff Stearns: $5,458,014
- John Mica: $6,401,005
- Daniel Webster: $430,504
- Gus Bilirakis: $454,016
- C.W. Bill Young: $115,501
- Kathy Castor: $1,164,017
- Dennis Ross: $6,137,503
- Vern Buchanan: $136,152,641
- Connie Mack: $856,036
- Bill Posey: $523,005
- Tom Rooney: $3,784,003
- Frederica Wilson: $1,329,006
- Ileana Ros-Lehtinen: $957,504
- Ted Deutch: $635,007
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: -$27,496
- Mario Diaz-Balart: -$32,500
- Allen West: $176,003
- Alcee Hastings: -$4,732,002
- Sandy Adams: $17,002
- David Rivera: $8,000
Click here to see the net worth of every senator and representative.
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Oakland Raiders 2002 AFC Championship Ring Has Gone Missing in Delray Beach
- Mayor Jeri Muoio Places Ban on Official Travel to Indiana in Wake of 'Religious...
- Lisa "Noodles" Hayden's Friends Call on City to Build Gates at Cooley's Landing Boat Ramps
- Judge Says GEO Group Negligent in Australian Prisoner's Brutal Death