George Zimmerman Boxing Event Back On After Being Canceled
The George Zimmerman-DMX boxing match that was set to set fire to our national conscience for good taste and integrity once and for all was canceled over the weekend by celebrity boxing promoter Damon Feldman.
But now a new promoter has emerged and is he is he taking the Zimmerman celebrity boxing match and will make it a go.
He's also promising it will be a much bloodier event than originally intended.
Alki David, owner of streaming service FilmOn.com, is apparently negotiating with Feldman to take over the boxing event, TMZ is reporting.
Feldman, who announced last week that Zimmerman was all set to fight rapper DMX, abruptly canceled the event over the weekend, citing death threats to his children.
According to TMZ, one of the threats came in the form of a tweet, which read, "Somebody should kill Damon Feldman's son and ask him would he put his son's killer in a celebrity boxing match."
Meanwhile, David is promising "blood" and says that DMX is out of the event. David says that people with "much bigger names than DMX" are apparently lining up to get in on the smashing-Zimmerman-in-the-face-a-thon.
He also says all profits from the event will be going to the Trayvon Martin Foundation, although we're not sure the foundation would even take the money.
A news conference is scheduled for Tuesday to reveal the new promoter and date of the event.
TMZ says that the match will go down March 15 but that a venue has not yet been selected.
David says his event is not just going to be your run-of-the-mill celebrity boxing match. This thing, he says, is "going to be like Fight Club... a very bloody event."
Clearly, there's a market for this thing.
So congratulations, America. We're back to being terrible again!
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.