Juiced: A Week in One Gulp
For news junkies needing Vitamin C, here's your pitcher full of South Florida bloggy bits, all fresh squeezed this week.
- Usually you hear of docs leaving gauze or the occasional sponge in their victims -- I mean patients -- but Dr. Bernard Zaragoza of Coral Springs took out the completely wrong organ.
- Fort Lauderdale is set to thrill the world -- maybe. Local dancers are to take part in a global attempt to set a Guinness World Record for the largest simultaneous performance of Michael Jackson's "Thriller." That's if the venue doesn't send the show straight to its grave before it's lights, camera, action.
- More from the Murphy saga: Sex offender, Ronald Murphy, is still confined to a Delray bench thanks to an oppressive batch of statutory restrictions that dictate where he can legally live.
- Broward Democrats are willing to pay just about anything, including higher taxes, to get loudmouth Rush Limbaugh out of the Sunshine State. Straight from the horse's mouth: Limbaugh says he'll leave if Florida raises taxes.
- Swine plus seniors = a scary pair. South Florida's elderly are in an uproar over the Swine Flu. After reading the headlines and seeing stories about vaccine shortages, seniors are frantically flocking to get poked or sprayed -- only to be turned away.
- Forty-year-old virgin who can't get laid? Head over to Fort Lauderdale - Hollywood International Airport, because Virgin America airlines will be flying into FLL.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Broward / Palm Beach, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.