If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
One last swig of the Juice from this past week:
- After the quake hit Haiti, we got in touch with local charities that work in the impoverished nation, like Living Water Ministries of the Palm Beaches, whose staff suffered injuries, and Planting Peace, whose orphanages were miraculously spared.
- In Parkland, a mystery over whether DEA agents raiding a grow house didn't find the freezer that contained the dead body of Stephen Febonio.
- The Broward Health CEO faced questions from a commissioner about whether he's been paying his friends an inflated salary.
- We talked to a 23-year-old Coral Springs woman who is being deported after getting a traffic ticket.
- The story of sex offender Ronald Murphy took another sad turn, back toward institutional living.
- The Dalia Dippolito attempted murder case continued to yield marvelous candid camera moments, like this one where she talks with an informant about offing her hubbie.
- Scott Rothstein was a power groupie till the bitter end, reportedly spending his last evening of stateside freedom in the company of the world's most powerful people.
- We previewed the bloodshed to come in Deerfield Beach's special meeting, which tips off in just a few minutes. Will City Manager Mike Mahaney survive the night?