List of U.S. Attorney Applicants Is Out
Sixteen lawyers have applied for the job of being the next U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Florida, responsible for prosecuting all federal crimes from Palm Beach County south. Here's the list, which was released this morning by the Florida Federal Judicial Nominating Commission:
- David M. Buckner, from Kozyak Tropin & Throckmorton in Miami.
- Reginald R. Corlew, Palm Beach Circuit Court judge
- Wilfredo Ferrer, an assistant Dade County Attorney
- Richard D. Gregorie, an assistant U.S. Attorney in the Miami division
- Ilona M. Holmes, a Broward Circuit Court judge
- Marvelle McIntyre-Hall, who retired as an assistant U.S. Attorney in 2006
- Brian P. Miller, with Akerman-Senterfitt in Miami
- Curtis B. Miner, with Colson Hicks Eidson in Coral Gables
- Thomas J. Mulvihill, an assistant U.S. Attorney in the Miami division
- Lilly Ann Sanchez, of Fowler White Burnett in Miami
- Mark P. Schnapp, of Greenberg Traurig in Miami
- Jeffrey H. Sloman, the acting U.S. Attorney now that Alex Acosta has taken a job at Florida International University.
- James H. Swain, who has a private practice in Hollywood
- Daryl E. Trawick, a Dade Circuit Court judge
- Sandra J. Wiseman, who has a private practice in Venice
It's heavy on Miami-Dade, as you can see. Just one from Palm Beach County and two from Broward. As Juice reported last week, candidates will be interviewed in July, after which the list will be whittled to three, then given to Sen. Bill Nelson's office in early August. Nelson will collaborate with the U.S. Attorney General's office and the Obama administration to make the pick.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Broward / Palm Beach, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.