Here's a look at what's happening in South Florida this Tuesday morning:
- Derek Hayward of WSVN-7 delivered a methodical, metaphor-rich report of Monday at the Scott Rothstein estate, where boats and luxury cars were seized by federal agents. "I'm alone now," intoned Rothstein. "I have very few friends." [WSVN]
- Three of the five boys accused of being involved in the burning of 15-year-old Michael Brewer are being charged as adults. [Miami Herald]
- Swastikas were found on the walls of a Jewish community center in Coral Springs, possibly to mark the anniversary of a 1938 pogrom in Nazi Germany. [Sun-Sentinel]
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- A 90-year-old man was shot in Delray Beach during a carjacking. [Palm Beach Post]
- According to the IRS, Rothstein's Ponzi scheme dates to at least 2005. [Sun-Sentinel]
- The law firm of Rothstein Rosenfeldt Adler had its accounts at Gibraltar Private Bank and Trust frozen by federal investigators. [Biz Journal]