Morning Juice: All Saints Day in South Florida
Here's what's going on in the local metro scene:
- The underdog New Orleans Saints knocked off the Indianapolis Colts at Sun Life Stadium, to the jubilation of their hard-luck fans, as well as a clutch of celebrities who made it to the game. [WPLG-10]
- Yet more evidence that the Broward County School District's construction department can't be trusted with a checkbook. This time it paid out nearly $300,000 to a construction contractor for a classroom addition it didn't need, only to ditch those plans. Now the district's just hoping the contractor will be kind enough to give the money back. [Sun-Sentinel]
- Turnout statistics from last week's special congressional primary show that the South Florida Tea Party and similar groups did little to boost turnout, making those activists less bold about predicting a Scott Brown-type upset in a Democrat-dominated district. [Palm Beach Post]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Below-Normal Hurricane Season Predicted by NOAA
- Boynton Beach Man Shot in the Face After Answering Knock on Door
- Is the Flakka Scare Just a Bunch of Hype?