Today's a day off for me, but before a signoff, a look at the local headlines for you workin' stiffs:
- Bad sign for the Broward County School District, which realized that its probe of the transportation department was just "too big" to be handled internally. Officials have handed it over to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. [Sun-Sentinel]
- Creepy story coming out of Delray Beach, where a 20-year-old man followed a group of teens into an abandoned home, then allegedly robbed them at gunpoint and forced them to perform sex acts with one another. Francisco Henry has been arrested, but an accomplice is at large. [CBS4]
- The Palm Beach Post issued a stinging editorial against West Palm Beach Mayor Lois Frankel, accusing her of "rigging" a charter review commission so that it would do away with term limits. [Palm Beach Post]
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- The Broward Sheriff's Office says it caught the thief nicknamed "Ma Barker" -- a middle-aged woman who terrorized North Broward banks this past weekend. [Miami Herald]
- Attorneys for polo mogul John Goodman are already working on a cash settlement for the family of the 23-year-old who was killed in a car accident earlier this month after Goodman allegedly ran a stop sign. [Page2Live]