Ugh. A high of 92 today in Fort Lauderdale. Let's cool off with some news.
- Celebrated cluster crusader Erin Brockovich attracted a crowd of 2,000 for a meeting with activists concerned about the cancer cluster in The Acreage. [CBS4]
- With Broward's Democratic Party reeling from recent scandals, Broward Republican leaders hit the gun range. And if / when the Democrats recover, the Republicans will still be at the gun range. Hey, it's more fun than campaigning! [Sun-Sentinel]
- The Broward Teachers Union won a $125,000 grant for crafting teacher pay based on student gains on standardized tests. See that, Bev? Sometimes, folks get money for doing stuff that's good. [Miami Herald]
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- The Bride's Choice is giving away free dresses to brides who lost their jobs this past year. As for the bridegroom? You can find $100 to rent a tux. [Miami Herald]
- A three-alarm fire struck at a warehouse in Lauderdale Lakes where hazardous chemicals are stored. [WPBF]
- No Amityville Horror at the home in Lake Worth where in 2006 Tony Camacho killed his two children and then himself. The home will be bulldozed today. [Palm Beach Post]