Morning Juice: Daddy Issues, More Bodyguards for Scott
- Lawyers tangle testily in the Palm Beach circuit judge battle. One attorney (Ken Lemoine) says he's getting into the race because another contestant (Lisa Small) has no experience -- even though she's been practicing law a decade longer than he has. "She works for her daddy," sniffles Lemoine. [Palm Beach Post]
- Fort Lauderdale cops found a 2-year-old boy wandering in front of his apartment last night -- unable to give them his name or his parents' -- whom police are still searching for. UPDATE: The kid's parents have been found, say police. [Sun-Sentinel]
- Gubernatorial candidate Rick Scott says he's getting death threats, so he's paying two private security guards just to watch his back. FDLE says it's looking into the threats, which may or may not come from individuals weary of his onslaught of campaign commercials. [Miami Herald]
- Police have found the car that ran over Russell Jean-Renaud yesterday morning. Jean-Renaud, who was apparently passed out on Military Trail Road in West Palm Beach at 4:30 in the morning, was apparently struck by a 53-year-old woman who fled the scene and who hasn't been a charged with a crime. [Palm Beach Post]
- Friends of Tom Wilson, a well-known Fort Lauderdale yacht captain, expressed sadness and dismay this weekend after Wilson was killed driving in an I-75 wrong-way crash. Wilson, 41, died after colliding head-on with a semi just before 3 a.m. Saturday morning in Weston. [Sun-Sentinel]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss New Times Broward-Palm Beach's biggest stories.