Here's a rundown of what's in the South Florida news for Wednesday morning:
- A young man and woman found hanging in Parkland have been identified. Joseph M. Brown, 22, a graduate of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, died. The woman, 24-year-old Nikole Baldomero, is in critical condition. They left short suicide notes, but a Broward Sheriff's Office spokeswoman says, "This is not a Romeo and Juliet thing." [Sun-Sentinel]
- A tropical wave/storm system named Bonnie is looking like a slightly lesser threat to develop into the third tropical depression this hurricane season. [Palm Beach Post]
- The transit manager for the Broward bus system has resigned after investigators questioned his education credentials and a $13.3 million no-bid contract that the agency gave out last year. [Broward Bulldog]
- Apparently still hungover from their dramatic victory Monday night, the Marlins got stomped by the Colorado Rockies, 10-0. [Miami Herald]
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- The Town of Davie believes it can balance its budget without laying off employees, raising taxes, or cutting services, thanks in part to a $1 million refund it expects to collect from Waste Management. [Sun-Sentinel]