Morning Juice: Enough With the Broward Corruption -- Give It Arrest!
The dawn brings a fresh batch of crazy to Broward and Palm Beach:
- At the risk of sounding like a broken record, more political figures have been arrested, including Ed Portner, running for mayor of
Coral SpringsTamarac, for pulling a gun on daughter Stacy Ritter, mayor of Broward County. In the future, maybe it would just be easier to report when Broward officials don't get arrested? [Sun-Sentinel]
- The Super Bowl will be in South Florida again this year! But maybe never again, says the NFL, because Land Shark Stadium is a dump. [Miami Herald]
- The two landowners trying to sell Palm Beach County its next landfill basically tried to gouge them, so county commissioners are just going to wait till the state water district buys the U.S. Sugar land so they can have landfill space for free. [Palm Beach Post]
- Auditors found that the Broward County School District is paying astronomical rates to bus drivers and custodians who work two jobs with the district and collect overtime pay. [Sun-Sentinel]
- Police have arrested a suspect in last week's murder of the pregnant 17-year-old in Miramar. It's the father. [WPLG]
- A dentist and a teacher get caught in a Delray Beach prostitution sting and now have to wear scarlet letters. [WPBF]
Get the Things to Do Newsletter
Find out about upcoming events and special offers happening in South Florida.