Morning Juice: Fido Finds Lobsters, With or Without Butter
- Jordan Howard Breslaw, in a race for a Broward County judge position, is collecting unemployment benefits. Evidently working as an attorney and a chiropractor isn't paying the bills. Sun-Sentinel
- A wonderful church with some enlightened leaders decided a fine method of fomenting world peace should start with a little Koran burning. The Dove World Outreach Center in Gainesville plans to attempt the stunt on September 11. Miami Herald
- Lobster miniseason starts today, and that means plenty of knuckleheads in the water. Florida wildlife conservation officials plan to monitor the situation closely, and they're even planning to use "lobster-sniffing dogs" to root out lawbreakers. No word on the use of drawn-butter-sniffing canines, but one can only imagine. Miami Herald
- The woman found hanging last week in a Parkland park has died, according to BSO. Nikalya Baldomero was found last Monday accompanied by Joseph M. Brown, who died shortly after being found. Palm Beach Post
- A Riviera Beach cop accused of being in cahoots with drug dealers is on administrative leave. Nathan Gordon, a seven-year vet, apparently tipped off dealers about impending raids and even gave them the home addresses of cops on the force. Palm Beach Post
Get the Things to Do Newsletter
Find out about upcoming events and special offers happening in South Florida.