Let's take a quick look through the local news:
- The parents of Scott Wilson, the 23-year-old killed last month in a collision with polo mogul John Goodman, have launched an investigation of their own. Considering Goodman's wealth and influence, that's probably a good idea. [Palm Beach Post]
- The football coach at Atlantic High in Delray Beach, James "Andre" Thaddies, has been reassigned following reports he groped and bit two students. [Palm Beach Post]
- Kim Rothstein has a $1.1 million lawsuit to defend from creditors of her Ponzi-scheming husband's law firm. [Sun-Sentinel]
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- State legislator Ellyn Bogdanoff managed to get approval for her bill creating an independent inspector general for corruption despite State Rep. Jim Waldman's protest that it was window-dressing. [Sun-Sentinel]
- Charlie Crist is catching flak for using the state plane to fly around Florida, sign some silly bill, then hit the campaign trail. This guy. [Miami Herald]
- Thank God television stations are equipped with helicopters or else we wouldn't have such a terrific view of firefighters rescuing workers who were making repairs to the East Atlantic Boulevard bridge when it began to rise, apparently on its own. [WSVN-7]