A corruption-littered week in Broward County limps to a close. Will there be more criminal charges today?
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Two businessmen have been charged for allegedly asking undercover federal agents posing as crooked lobbyists to help them conceal the source of $50,000 used to bribe Miramar officials. [Sun-Sentinel]
- Art Kennedy, a Republican who has worked closely with Southwest Broward Democratic Congressman Alcee Hastings, is seeking to fill the vacancy on the Broward County Commission left by Joe Eggelletion's suspension. Ditto former Fort Lauderale commissioner Tim Smith. [Sun-Sentinel]
- The mayor of Riviera Beach would rather talk about the declining crime rate rather than the state and federal investigation into overtime abuse at the Police Department. A detective's bureau has apparently been accused. [WPBF]
- A teacher at William Dandy Middle School in Fort Lauderdale fingerprinted her students after her purse was stolen. Parents, not thrilled about that. [WSVN]
- In Jupiter, a 16-year-old girl is arrested for allegedly persuading her brother to kill an ex-boyfriend. [Palm Beach Post]
- In Palm Beach Gardens, Councilwoman Jody Barnett gets more candid in her campaign to oust City Manager Ron Ferris, accusing him of having an affair with a city staffer. [Palm Beach Post]