Here's what's happening in Broward and Palm Beach:
- Broward Circuit Court Judge Ana Gardiner has decided to resign her post rather than face allegations of misconduct that were first reported by Bob Norman in New Times two years ago. Gardiner was to be tried by the Judicial Qualifying Commission for allegedly having an inappropriate relationship with Howard Scheinberg, the prosecutor in a death penalty murder trial she was presiding over. [Sun-Sentinel]
- Jeffrey Hernandez, the Palm Beach County School District official who drew fire from parents over a curriculum plan, resigned his post just as the teachers' union voted no confidence in the man who hired Hernandez, Superintendent Art Johnson. [Palm Beach Post]
- There must be a ribbon that needs cutting, because Gov. Charlie Crist is paying a visit to a school in Davie. [CBS4]
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- The Dolphins traded down from the 12th pick, and at number 28, they selected Jared Odrick, a defensive tackle from Penn State University. [Miami Herald]
- Kristen Sullivan, a 25-year-old teacher at Lauderhill Middle School, has been arrested on charges she had a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old student. The arrest form alleges the two had sex in her classroom. [WPLG-10]