A tour of what's in the local news this morning:
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- In Pembroke Pines, an 18-year-old awaiting trial on theft charges in being questioned in the shooting of his father and stepmother. [Miami Herald]
- Parents in Palm Beach County vented at school district official Jeffrey Hernandez over curriculum changes that require more regimented lessons as a way to prepare students for testing. [WPBF]
- The church launched by dissidents of Coral Ridge Presbyterian is called Butterfly World. Oh, wait. No, that's just the name of the place in Coconut Creek where they meet. Anyway, at eight days old the church is in its larva stage. [Sun-Sentinel]
- Something went wrong at a Medspa in Weston, leaving a mother of three brain dead. [Sun-Sentinel]
- The president of the Democratic Club in Century Village and an Obama campaign supporter is trying to fend off his angry neighbors after fear has spread among fellow seniors about the president's health-care plan. [Palm Beach Post]