The news from around South Florida:
- Following a winning, Fredi Gonzalez will stay as the Marlins manager, even though the team failed to make the playoffs. Other parts of the coaching staff will be reshuffled, though. [Miami Herald]
- Hospital officials are wrestling with the question of exactly why Broward General Medical Center nurse Qui Lan would have ignored very basic precautions against infecting patients by using contaminated fluids for IVs. [WSVN]
- Palm Beach County has to settle on a site for a new landfill. Any volunteers? [Palm Beach Post]
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- The Florida Public Service Commission nixed a plan by Florida Power and Light to build a natural gas pipeline. Sounds like a sacrificial lamb for a commission that's come under scrutiny for being too cozy with the utility. [Sun-Sentinel]
- On Springfield Drive in West Palm Beach, some guy got blasted in the leg. It happened a few hours ago, and there's still no report on a motive, a suspect or the victim's condition. [WPBF]
- Corruption investigations are stressing out corrupt Broward County officials. Thanks, FBI, for taking away the fun parts of being a public official. [Sun-Sentinel]