Your daily spin through the local headlines:
- Even with Broward County School Board member Beverly Gallagher on her way to prison, there are indications that the investigation has only just begun, as the district's legal office is being asked by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to provide records of potential fraud and abuse. [Sun-Sentinel]
- A 40-year-old Hallandale Beach woman, Lynda Robin Meier, disappeared on June 4, and foul play is suspected after investigators learned that two Miami-Dade women used a credit card that belonged to Meier. [Miami Herald]
- Police have released video from the questioning of the Tunidor family following the April 6 murder of Nova professor Joseph Morrissey in his Plantation home. Shawn Tunidor can be heard describing a conversation with his father, Randy Tunidor, that provided the crucial break in the case. [WSVN-7]
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- A drum teacher at a Hindu temple on Griffin Road in Southwest Ranches was convicted Monday of molesting a 10-year-old student. Sandeep Munshi, 49, who was said to have also tried to molest the girl's 12-year-old cousin, appears destined to get a life sentence. [Sun-Sentinel]
- Two arrests in the early-Friday-morning murder of Jeffrey McCoy, a 23-year-old from Riviera Beach. Benjamin Henderson allegedly confessed Monday to Riviera Beach Police. Devon Webb was arrested Friday for furnishing the gun. [WPBF-25]
- West Palm Mayor Lois Frankel's budget leaves residents with little choice but to accept the lesser of two evils: higher taxes or fewer services. [Palm Beach Post]