Morning Juice: LeBron Joins the Miami Hate; Narcy Novack Charged in Husband's Murder
Surely there's news in South Florida besides the Heat winning The Decision? Let's take a look.
- Narcy Novack, the widow of hotel heir Ben Novack Jr., has been arrested and charged with arranging his murder last July 12 in a Rye Brook, N.Y. hotel room. She allegedly gave one of the killers her husband's diamond bracelet as a reward. [Miami Herald]
- Senate Republicans leery of federal spending blocked a bill that will cause the end of unemployment benefits for some 34,000 Floridians. [Palm Beach Post]
- Local reaction to the announcement that LeBron James would be joining the Heat. Let's spare ourselves the international reaction to his decision. Suffice to say, the world hates the Heat. [CBS4]
- Stuart Rosenfeldt was paid a half-million bucks on October 27 -- the day that his law partner, Ponzi schemer Scott Rothstein, split for Morocco. The attorney for Rosenfeldt says the check was for taxes that Rosenfeldt owed on income he made with Rothstein. Last week Rosenfeldt invoked his Fifth Amendment rights against self-incrimination hundreds of times during a deposition in his bankruptcy case. [Sun-Sentinel]
- In the wake of last night's LeBron James announcement the Heat have traded Twitter-happy forward Michael Beasley to the Minnesota Timberwolves and signed three-point marksman Mike Miller, the former University of Florida star. [Sun-Sentinel]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss New Times Broward-Palm Beach's biggest stories.