A fresh batch of local headlines for this Tuesday morning:
- Felony battery charges for Miami Dolphins defensive end Phillip Merling, who was arrested on May 25 after allegedly beating his pregnant girlfriend in their Weston home. [Sun-Sentinel]
- Radel Prudent, a suspected accessory in the 2006 murder of Gregory Beasley of Lauderhill, has been booked into Palm Beach County Jail. Delivered here from his federal prison term in South Carolina, Prudent has told investigators that he helped two other Miami-Dade men torch a rental car that contained Beasley's body. [Palm Beach Post]
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Investigators hope to soon discover the identity of the human remains found in a Hollywood canal. [WPLG-10]
- Donald Trump has sued Palm Beach County to prevent airport expansion. His attorneys say that officials are ignoring methods for reducing the noise of airplanes, which makes it nearly impossible for the Donald to relax in his opulent Mar-a-Lago club. [Palm Beach Post]
- Seven men and one woman were arrested on drug charges as part of a multi-agency investigation that centered on the Carver Ranches neighborhood in the north end of West Park. [Sun-Sentinel]