Morning Juice: No Criminal Case Against Michael Irvin; Second Arrest in Delray Sex Crime
The local news in Palm Beach and Broward:
- Police are looking for the driver of a late-model Cadillac Escalade involved in a hit and run yesterday in Hollywood. It collided with a minivan, ejecting a 2-year-old girl and injuring her mother and two siblings. [CBS4]
- The Broward State Attorney's Offices decided against filing rape charges against Hall of Fame wide receiver Michael Irvin, citing a lack of evidence. His accuser, Nicole Mostafa, has a pending civil suit against the former Dallas Cowboy and Fort Lauderdale native. [Miami Herald]
- Among the legions of homeless people crowding Fort Lauderdale parks: Gary Kerpan, who confessed to raping and murdering a 12-year-old girl in 1977. [Sun-Sentinel]
- Delray Beach police have arrested 17-year-old Spencer Britt on charges that he joined Francisco Henry in forcing a group of teens to engage in sex acts with one another. [Palm Beach Post]
- A serial bank robber known as "The Joker" and the "Old Man Bandit" was arrested this week by the FBI. The man's true identity is Steven Gass, and he's accused of robbing banks across the tricounty area going back to 2005. [WPBF-25]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Bill Seeks to Regulate Sober Houses, but on a Voluntary Basis
Fri., July 17, 6:35 p.m.
Fri., July 17, 8 p.m.
Sat., July 18, 5:35 p.m.
Sun., July 19, 5:05 p.m.
- National Enquirer Heir Documents Wild Life in New Tell-All
- Is It OK for a Professor to Burden a Student With Sexual Advances?