News from over the weekend:
- These Fins have some fight in 'em! Yesterday in Land Shark Stadium, they knocked off the Patriots, 22-21, thanks to New England's two turnovers in the red zone. Now the Dolphins have playoff hopes and the Pats have a losing streak. [NFL.com]
- Former Palm Beach prosecutor Michelle Santamaria is thriving in the private sector, but should taxpayers be paying her for teaching deputies how to testify at trials? And did the position of her father, Jess Santamaria, as a Palm Beach County commissioner have something to do with her landing that contract? [Palm Beach Post]
- The Daily Rothstein: The Sun-Sentinel is reporting that the Broward Sheriff's Office awarded a no-bid contract to a consulting company in which the amok-run attorney owned a stake. But Sheriff Al Lamberti says it had nothing to do with Rothstein's political contributions and that the consulting company has helped save about a million in tax dollars. In Daily Pulp, Bob Norman tells of how he was a target of a smear attempt by Rothstein, who claimed to having photographs proving Norman was having an affair with Sunrise Commissioner Sheila Alu, even though the two have never met in person. [Daily Pulp]
- A 28-year-old woman has been arrested in connection with Sunday's hit-and-run death of a 10-year-old girl at SW 3rd Street and SW 9th Avenue in Boynton Beach. [WPTV]
- A St. Petersburg Times columnist has, with the help of a Republican consultant, finally figured out why Florida's soft-spoken Sen. Bill Nelson would be the second most Googled member of that chamber. They're looking for the video below of the Senator's Freudian slip. [St. Petersburg Times]
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!