Morning Juice: Rothstein Nightmare Marches on; Dunbar Village Looks for New Life
What hideous things will we learn about Scott Rothstein today?
- Miami attorney Alan Sakowitz says he had meetings with the FBI in which he expressed suspicion that Rothstein was running a Ponzi scheme. [Sun-Sentinel]
- Kevin Gale, editor of the South Florida Business Journal, recounts a party at Rothstein's Fort Lauderdale home on Thursday for which Rothstein himself was absent -- supposedly, at the World Series in New York. [Biz Journal]
- The Boynton Beach Police SWAT team has been busy lately. Three days after raiding Platinum Showgirls, it was sent to a home on SW First Avenue, where a man was threatening suicide. Police managed to talk him out of it. [WPBF]
- The West Palm Beach Commission has agreed to spend $3.5 million to rebuild the Dunbar Village housing project, site of the notorious 2007 rape of a woman and her son. But only if the project wins a federal grant. [Palm Beach Post]
- The survivor of the August 17 triple homicide in Miramar spoke at a news conference yesterday in hopes of helping police catch the killer. [Sun-Sentinel]
Get the Things to Do Newsletter
Find out about upcoming events and special offers happening in South Florida.