Your look at the local news for this Thursday:
- A 13-year-old Hollywood boy was killed Wednesday afternoon after his 14-year-old friend shot him in the head. Police don't yet know whether the shooting was accidental or how the 14-year-old got the gun. [Sun-Sentinel]
- The owners of Quality Staffing Services in Boca Raton have been charged with inflicting slave labor on a group of 39 Filipino immigrants, making the workers sleep on the floor and feeding them rotten fruit and chicken innards. [Palm Beach Post]
- Debra Villegas, the chief operating officer of Scott Rothstein's law firm and a co-star of this week's New Times feature story, made no comment to reporters Wednesday following a not guilty plea entered in district court. [CBS4]
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- A condo president in Hollywood has been charged with stealing from her association and gambling it away at the Seminole Hard Rock. If you want to make a good bet, put your money on this kind of scenario repeating itself about five more times before year's end. [Miami Herald]
- Video of an appalling abuse of power by a Fort Lauderdale Police officer who arrested a man named Brennan Hamilton after Hamilton asked for the officer's name and badge number. [Daily Pulp]
- Broward teachers and their supporters rallied Wednesday in Plantation, anticipating a brutal round of cuts that seek to close a $130 million budget gap. [Sun-Sentinel]