Morning Juice: Which Kraft Gets Paid and Which Kraft Gets to Vote?
Let's look at what's in the news this morning:
- Big, big trouble for Broward County School Board member Stephanie Kraft. New Times' Bob Norman has confirmed that Kraft's husband, Mitch, took payments from Prestige Homes to negotiate a deal with the district for the mitigation fees associated with that company's development. [Daily Pulp]
- Art Johnson, superintendent of Palm Beach County schools, sincerely apologizes for your failure to understand the genius of its one-size-fits-all academic program. Apology accepted! [Palm Beach Post]
- Raymond Adams, a certified USA Gymnastics coach in Deerfield Beach, was arrested on charges of molesting a 10-year-old female pupil, and investigators believe there may be other victims. [Sun-Sentinel]
- The Broward Sheriff's Office now says that the two vicious beatings that occurred in Oakland Park in April may have been hate crimes against the gay male victims. This after ruling that out. [WPLG]
- Sprechen Sie Deutch? Ted Deutch will run for Wexler's congressional seat. [WFLX]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss New Times Broward-Palm Beach's biggest stories.